- Mishawaka, IN
What you'll be doing
- Actively demonstrates the organization mission and core values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values. Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety and medical information. Adheres to all state, federal, and local laws and standards as relate to the ethical and legal compliance plans and policies. Performs patient assessments by collecting and interpreting data. Develops a plan of care, which addresses patient problems. Communicates with patients, families and/or significant others, and the multidisciplinary team in the coordination and implementation of patient care. Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to implement care appropriate to the age of the patient. Delegates, supervises, and evaluates care given by other nursing team members. Documents nursing assessments, interventions, and evaluations of patient response. Identifies potential emergency situations and initiates appropriate response. Provides patient and family teaching. Continuously evaluates and modifies the plan of care and teaching plans based on the patient response. Provides a safe environment by adhering to hospital policies and procedures for isolation techniques, use of restraints, falls prevention, blood transfusions, and safe medication administration. Attends mandatory skills validation, staff meetings, and continuing education as designated by individual department standards. Assists with orientation of new employees. Performs other related duties as assigned or as workload or staffing variations require.
What your background should be
- Effective march 1, 2013, all newly employed RNS will be required to have a BSN or be prepared to complete their BSN within 5 years of hire. RN Indiana license. CPR certification on hire or able to attain within 60 days. Communicating effectively both orally and in writing. Assigned hours within your shift, starting time, or days of work are subject to change based on departmental and/or organizational needs.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate of an accredited RN program.
Who is the client company
- This is an academic tertiary care medical center.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org