- Chicago, IL
What you'll be doing
- Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication. Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve, and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner. Directs patient care technician provision of safe and effective delivery of chronic hemodialysis therapy to patients in compliance with standards outlined in the facility, policy, procedure manuals, as well as regulations set forth by the corporation, state, and federal agencies. Delegates tasks to all direct patient care staff including but not limited to LVN/LPNs, patient care technicians, and dialysis assistants. Assesses daily patient care needs and develops appropriate patient care assignments. Routinely monitors patient care staff for appropriate techniques and adherence to facility policy and procedures. Participates in staff training and orientation of new staff as assigned; participates in all required staff meetings as scheduled. Provides patient specific detailed education regarding adequacy measures where applicable: online clearance monitoring (OLC), adequacy monitoring program (AMP), urea kinetic modeling (UKM). Ensures transplant awareness, modality awareness, and drive catheter reduction. Educates patients regarding laboratory values and the relationship to adequate dialysis therapy, compliance with treatment schedule, medications, and fluid. Maintains overall shift operation in a safe, efficient, and effective manner. Acts as a resource for other staff members. Routinely meets with the clinical manager to discuss personnel and patient care status, issues, and information.
What your background should be
- Minimum one year of medical-surgical nursing experience preferred. Current appropriate state licensure. Must meet the practice requirements in the state in which s/he is employed. Hemodialysis experience preferred. ICU experience preferred. Successfully complete a training course in the theory and practice of hemodialysis. Successfully complete CPR certification. ICD-9 coding training; nurse technical training preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital & health care services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org