Regional Safety Manager
- Portsmouth, VA
What you'll be doing
- Develops health & safety training programs for wheelabrators facilities throughout the United States and abroad. Arranges, coordinates and performs health and safety training, including new employee (on-boarding) orientation and on-going training programs. Evaluates, develops, implements and revises company-wide safety management and hazard elimination/prevention programs and procedures to ensure a safe workplace for all employees, contractors, and visitors, including administration of the company current safety on purpose and PS actions programs. Evaluates, develops, implements and revises company-wide policies and procedures necessary to meet occupational health and safety regulatory requirements (e.g., electrical safety program for company in support for NFPA 70E). Provides technical advice and guidance for resolution of safety related issues for wheelabrators facilities throughout the United States and abroad. Documents the answers in the company shared knowledge archives. Serve as main point of interaction between the OHS program and the regional vice presidents. This includes regular communication regarding safety issues, and support of regional projects and initiatives. Assists in enforcement of health and safety policies and procedures. Participates in monthly, quarterly, and annual health and safety reporting. Leads incident investigation evidence gathering team, performs evidence collection and stakeholder meetings. Provides database and reporting technical assistance to facilities (e. g., AIMs, CYCLE, and EHS Database). Maintains database information and develops reports to the field (e.g., trending information, hazard alerts). Performs facility health and safety audits, enter findings, and tracks them to closure. Oversees the planning and/or evaluation of emergency evacuation and confined space drills. Assists in annual fire department/emergency service invitations and the approval of drills. Promotes OSHA voluntary protection plan (VPP) initiatives and provides VPP support to facilities. Performs other duties, as assigned.
What your background should be
- Minimum of 6 years successful experience (10 years or more preferred) directly supporting occupational health and safety management programs while providing training and development of all necessary health and safety curriculums, preferably in an electric power-generating environment. Minimum of 6 years experience in developing and providing health and safety training. Thorough knowledge of OSHA regulations, with specific health & safety compliance program experience in electric power generating facilities. Knowledge of power plant construction, operations and maintenance activities. Sufficient knowledge, experience and understanding of occupational health and safety requirements to develop policies, programs, and procedures. Experience developing health & safety policies programs and procedures. Working knowledge of OSHAs voluntary protection program (VPP) and the process for achieving star status. OSHA VPP experience preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree or equivalent education required preferably in occupational health and safety or related field of study.
Who is the client company
- Concern about environmental solutions services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com