Regional Safety Manager
- Peekskill, NY
What you'll be doing
- The client company is looking for candidate who will supervise and motivate the occupational health and safety OHS managers at each plant within the region. S/he will develop and maintain core job skills within the region. The applicant will stay informed of issues that will be occurring at each facility affecting or potentially affecting environmental performance with communication from the environmental managers. S/he will approve employee training requests, time off and travel & expense statements. S/he will also conduct annual performance reviews. The incumbent will ensure adequate coverage, if needed, for absences. An ideal candidate will develop health & safety training programs for the company facilities throughout the united states and abroad. S/he will arrange, coordinate and perform health and safety training, including new employee (on-boarding) orientation and ongoing training programs. S/he will also evaluate, develop, implement and revise company-wide safety management and hazard elimination/prevention programs and procedures to ensure a safe workplace for all employees, contractors, and visitors, including administration of the company current safety on purpose and PS actions programs. The individual will assist in enforcement of health and safety policies and procedures. S/he will provide database and reporting technical assistance to facilities and maintains database information and develops reports to the field.
What your background should be
- Minimum of 6 years successful experience (10 years or more preferred) directly supporting occupational health and safety management programs while providing training and development of all necessary health and safety curriculums, preferably in an electric power generating environment. The candidate should have thorough knowledge of OSHA regulations, with specific health & safety compliance program experience in electric power generating facilities. S/he also should have sufficient knowledge, experience and understanding of occupational health and safety requirements to develop policies, programs, and procedures.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree or equivalent education.
Who is the client company
- The company is a set of activities that include collection, transport, treatment and disposal of waste.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org