Regional Eligibility Coordinator
- Waltham, MA
What you'll be doing
- The incumbent of this position serves as regional eligibility coordinator. The candidate assigns work and reviews performance of the eligibility team specialists through conferences and written reports for thoroughness, effectiveness and conformance with professional standards, laws, regulations and policy. S/he maintains liaison with various public and private agencies, organizations and all department of the developmental services area. The individual provides crisis intervention services by evaluating and making appropriate referrals. Prepares and maintains clinical case reports. S/he facilitates the exchange of information among regional team specialists; also participates in a multi-disciplinary team which assesses individual eligibility. This individual ensures all relevant information necessary to make a determination of the eligibility of children and adults to receive various services from the department of developmental services is gathered and logged into a database that must be maintained weekly. S/he conducts the interview to ascertain all relevant historical information including medical and psychiatric evaluations, psychological assessments, school records, human service agency records, and information received from previous service providers. This position makes structured observations and gathers information in natural settings regarding adaptive behavior skills and deficits under the clinical guidance of the regional eligibility team psychologist. S/he exercises discretion in handling confidential information; writing reports and providing analysis of information as requested; the applicant provides administrative support to other eligibility team specialists; and attends all statewide intake and eligibility meetings the candidate performs related duties as required.
What your background should be
- At least three years of professional experience as a clinical social worker; also one year of experience in a supervisory capacity required. The ideal candidate must be licensed independent clinical social worker by the Massachusetts board of registration in social work is required. Knowledge of the company policies and procedure preferred. Supervisory experience preferred. Working knowledge of excel, word and outlook preferred. A valid driving license required.
Required Schooling / Training
- Masters or higher degree in social work is required.
Who is the client company
- This is a government agency.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org