Region Safety Manager
- Industry, CA
What you'll be doing
- Lead the assigned region in a definitive improvement effort to achieve world class safety, health and environment (SH&E) performance. Adopt a zero tolerance for injuries and incidents and drive this mentality throughout the region. Manage the safety triangle to drive zero injuries or incidents. Provide leadership and resource support to regional and area safety leadership councils. Partner with safety coordinators and safety system leaders to ensure that all systems are fully developed and implemented within the assigned region. Ensure assigned region meets all DOT, OSHA, EPA and other applicable federal, state and local regulatory requirements, including all company risk management, insurance, fire and security requirements. Conduct regular walk-through of all work areas to identify hazards, evaluate controls, recommend improvements and communicate with team members. Promote safety visibility. Accomplish all regulatory training and related activities. Lead formal incident investigations to identify root causes. Drive corrective action to prevent reoccurrence. Manage modified work programs to ensure timely rehabilitation of disabled employees. Serve as the liaison with medical providers or clinic.
What your background should be
- At least 5+ years of experience creating, executing and managing a region-based safety and training program. Thorough knowledge of OHSA and state regulations and requirements. Demonstrated leadership abilities. Strong organization skills. Ability to multi-task effectively and efficiently. Strong communication and time management skills. Ability to take initiative without external direction. Computer skills including all MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree in organizational management, engineering or similar field.
Who is the client company
- This is the world's leading nutrition, health and wellness company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org