- Orlando, FL
What you'll be doing
- The referral coordinator under the direction of the office manager is responsible for receiving referral requests, obtaining physician approval, processing medical records requests pertaining to referrals and processing the referral. Scheduling appointments with the referral when necessary. Serving as liaison between patient and medical support staff with regards to referrals. Maintaining ongoing tracking and appropriate documentation on referrals to promote team awareness and ensure patient safety. Ensuring complete and accurate registration, including patient demographic and current insurance information. Performing all other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- One year of ICD-9 and CPT-4 coding experience preferred. Experience with computers and MEDIC software preferred. Knowledge of business office procedures. Knowledge of English grammar, spelling and punctuation to type patient information. Skill in operating a computer and photocopy machine. Skill in greeting patients and answering the telephone in a professional, pleasant and helpful manner. Ability to speak clearly and concisely. Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instruction. Ability to type 40 words per minute accurately. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and public. Must be willing to float to other FHMG practices, within reason, when patient load, vacation schedules etc. make it necessary.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school graduate or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital & health care services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com