- Korea, VA
What you'll be doing
- Serves as a recreation specialist within the recreation program team involved with planning, organizing, and conducting facility recreation programs for the wsmr community. Organizes, plans, and evaluates community programs that reflect community interests. Works in executing community-wide recreation events, programs and services to meet the diversified needs of the community, including a variety multi-disciplinary events, i.e.: social activities; tournaments and other major programs such as ethnic, patriotic and holiday observances which involve a variety of activities. Develops and plans publicity using installation media, works closely with marketing for design and information of programs. Recommends items if supplies, materials, prizes, decorations, refreshments, and equipment needed for program functions. Assists with training new personnel. Assures that proper security measures are taken to safeguard monies, property, equipment and facility. Assists with other recreation programs in the recreation facilities as needed. Provides technical knowledge regarding proper set-up of sound and lighting systems.
What your background should be
- Marketing as qualifying experience preferred. A one-year probationary period may be required.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree with major study in outdoor recreation and parks; recreation management; youth, public, urban or community recreation; special population recreation preferred.
Who is the client company
- Delivers and integrates base support to enable readiness for a self-reliant and globally-responsive all volunteer army.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org