Recept/Scheduler, Radiology Department
- Philadelphia, PA
What you'll be doing
- This position is responsible for performing patient scheduling, registration, clerical and file room duties under the direction of the supervisor and director of administrative and technical services. Answers telephones in a courteous and timely manner according to hospital standards. Promptly responds to, expedites and directs all inquiries in a timely fashion. Takes messages as needed. Schedules radiology procedures for the assigned areas and ensures that obtains all patient demographic information accurately. Ensures that the physician orders are correctly identified and the procedure is scheduled for the proper department, time and resources. Obtains all necessary screening and appropriate medical history. Obtains referral and pre-certifications for the requested procedures. Ensures that the patient demographic and data accurately inputted in SCI scheduling system and RIS. Maintains excellent customer satisfaction when dealing with companies patients, parents. Guardians, physicians, nurses, technologists, visitors and colleagues. Effectively communicates with physicians offices, nursing and other departments to obtain necessary information or provide information to expedite the scheduling or the registration process. Utilizes RIS and PACS efficiently to expedite patient scheduling, registration, customer service and file room duties. Utilizes PACS for copying images on CD, paper and film. Mail or faxes the radiology reports to referring physicians. Monitors the automated fax system daily by reviewing the report and correcting any problems. Responds to requests for film copies in a courteous, timely and accurate fashion. Effectively uses problem solving skills to best accommodate requestors needs. Maintains confidentiality of workplace information according to policies and procedures. Retrieves films and reports or records for clinics, physicians and radiology modalities using PACS and RIS to identify patients in an accurate and timely manner. Retrieves, prepares or copies films and reports or records on duplicating films, CD or paper for referring physicians, patients, attorneys or other authorized individual or agencies with proper authorization forms. Follows the HIPAA regulations. Performs receptionist and registration duties or other duties as assigned or needed.
What your background should be
- Minimum two years work experience with at least one year in a health care environment. Bilingual is preferred. Radiology scheduling experience is preferred. Medical terminology and or medical office work experience is preferred. Must have excellent sensory skills, i.e. eyesight, hearing and speech. Excellent communications skills are essential. Must demonstrate the ability to work as a contributing member of a highly functioning, cooperative and efficient team. Must, at all times, demonstrate skills in delivering excellent customer service.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school graduate or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital & health care services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org