Grade Reading Teacher
- Litchfield Park, AZ
What you'll be doing
- Teaches content and skills in English language, literature, composition and reading to elementary pupils, utilizing appropriate learning activities. Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district. Adapts English material and methods to develop relevant sequential assignments that guide and challenge pupils. Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids appropriate to the interest and maturity level of pupils; maintains required inventory records. Adapts the curriculum to provide individual, small group or remedial instruction to meet the needs of the individual pupil. Develops standards for critical analysis through group discussions based on a variety of mass media and classical and contemporary literature. Encourages pupils to think independently and to express original ideas. Evaluates each pupil's progress in English skills (listening, speaking, reading, and writing). Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly and productive classroom and environment. Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health, attitude and learning programs. Communicates with parents and school counselors on pupil progress. Supervises pupils in out of classroom activities during the assigned working day. Works with pupils and other classroom teachers in such activities as preparing materials for the school newspaper or yearbook, assisting with PTA programs or coordinating entries in essay contests. Administers or monitors group tests. Participates in curriculum and other developmental programs. Participates in faculty committees and sponsorship of student activities. Maintains professional competence through in service education activities provided by the district or in self selected professional growth activities. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
What your background should be
- Valid Arizona teaching certificate and fingerprint clearance card. Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the board may find appropriate and acceptable. To develop in each pupil skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing that are fundamental to good communication and literate citizenship; to develop appreciation of good literature of all types; to motivate pupils to read widely for information and recreation; to develop standards for critical judgment of written and oral communications transmitted by mass media; to discover and develop special talents of pupils in the field of English.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree in education with a minor in English.
Who is the client company
- Concern about educational services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com