- Vacaville, CA
What you'll be doing
- Performs specialized and routine diagnostic radiology procedures. Exhibiting a high degree of tact, courtesy, and poise, explains procedures to patient to reduce anxieties and obtain patient cooperation. Prepares and positions patient for diagnostic imaging procedures. Adjusts immobilization devices to obtain optimum views of specified area of body requested by physician. Determines exposure factors based on height, weight, portion of body involved, and degree on penetration required. Moves imaging equipment into specified position. Adjusts equipment controls to set exposure factors and produce images of proper detail, density, and accuracy. Operates mobile radiologic equipment in operating room, emergency room, or at patient bedside. Prepares images for reading by radiologist or requesting physician. Processes images and reviews for proper identification and quality control. Performs routine maintenance, diagnoses malfunctions, and makes minor repairs on radiologic equipment, arranging for repairs as needed. Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff. Completes forms and maintains records, logs, and reports of work performed. Orients new staff and trains students. Assists radiologists and other qualified physicians who have a valid CA DHS RHB supervisor operator permit for fluoroscopy in fluoroscopic and special X-Ray examinations. Performs other related duties as necessary.
What your background should be
- Five years of continuous experience as a radiologic technologist. California certified radiologic technologist license (CRT). Ability to perform all general diagnostic and routine duties as determined by the employer; ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Must be willing to work in a labor management partnership environment. American registry of radiologic technologists (ARRT).
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED.
Who is the client company
- This is an integrated and one of the largest managed care organization in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com