Radio Frequency Engineering
- Boise, MD
What you'll be doing
- The rf engineer is responsible to contribute the rf design of the regional wireless (cellular, pcs and left) network, including search area issuance, candidate assessment and approvals within area of responsibility; redesigning of mature network areas to minimize capacity constraints. Work with other areas of the network to ensure performance fixes and initiatives are in plac; partnering with system performance to reduce lost calls and ineffective attempts in assigned area. Prepare timely fcc or faa and fas submissions, conducting cell site translations with preferable accuracy. Conduct data analysis of switch statistics and drive data by conducting drive testing for potential sites, new site integration, and system optimization. Perform radio engineering evaluation for system planning and site acquisition, creating and using rf propagation and planning tools, conducting and overseeing field tests for potential sites. Plan frequency assignments and identify technical parameters for network growth, document, and report findings and plan near term integration of new technologies for first applications in the network. Identify location specific needs of new cells, evaluating coverage problems and new service area requirements for coverage cells. Identify causes of rf interference and troubleshoot interference problems with system performance. Attend zoning hearings in support of new cell site acquisitions. Contribute in the development of long term build plans. Perform macro and micro cell design, including antenna selection and placement. Utilize knowledge of cdma, evdo, lte, aws and microwave to contribute in network design.
What your background should be
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the cellular or telecommunications industry required. A valid driving license required. Demonstrated knowledge in system design including amps, cdma, 3g, evdo, lte and aws; voice cells infrastructure including lucent and cdma data. Telecom experience including t1, dacs, omp; digital communications including ds1, ds3, fiber and isdn are preferred. Knowledge in wireless data service including cdma, csd, stp, analog, cdma, lte and aws flexent modular cells (cdma & pcs), rmt software and 3g technologies preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in engineering or computer science or equivalent work experience required and masters degree preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is wireless and communication company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com