- Katy, TX
What you'll be doing
- Assists with organizing and coordinating new EBCT scan service offering to guests with the support of the medical team. Performs CT technologist functions. Prepares and operates CT scanner. Prepares and maintains supplies, equipment and rooms for procedures. Reviews patient schedule, ensuring appropriate sequence for multiple procedures. Explains and confirms patient's preparation (e.g. diet restrictions, preparatory medications) prior to CT studies. Explains procedure to patient, giving necessary instructions and allows the patient or family the opportunity to ask questions. Provides for patient safety, comfort, privacy and modesty. Observes patient after administration of contrast media to detect adverse reactions, recognizing need for prompt medical attention and administering emergency care when necessary. Evaluates scan for diagnostic quality, and determining corrective measures if scan is not of diagnostic quality and take appropriate action. Performs post processing, reconstruction, and reformatting when necessary. Explains post procedural instructions to patient and/or patient's family. Completes incident documentation when required.
What your background should be
- Experience with starting new equipment from the ground up flexibility takes initiative. Excellent interpersonal communication. Registered by the American registry of radiologic technologists (ARRT) in radiology. Current radiology technician license in state of Texas. ARRT registered in computed tomography preferred. Radiology technologist experience of at least two years. Digital radiography and CT experience preferred. EBCT experience a plus. CPR certification within 3 months of hire and keeps certification current.
Required Schooling / Training
- Graduate of accredited school of radiology technology.
Who is the client company
- Concern about healthcare services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com