- Rancho Cucamonga, CA
What you'll be doing
- The quality specialist will help develop, maintain, and ensure compliance with quality assurance programs, policies, processes, procedures. The quality specialist will provide expertise and guidance in interpreting policies, to assure compliance. The individual will work directly with operating entities to ensure that inspections, process control analyses, and audits are conducted on a continuing basis to enforce requirements and meet specifications. The individual will interact regularly with design engineering, manufacturing and service functions to establish quality standards for raw material, work in process and finished products. In addition, the individual will perform capability analyses of existing products and work with suppliers to reduce risk of non-conformance and improve capabilities. The quality specialist will perform various duties and maintain responsibilities that may include but are not limited to the following: collaborate with and support quality leader in maintaining the utmost quality standards. Full engagement with product development phase. Interface with manufacturing, engineering, customer, vendor and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are met. Review, analyze and report on quality discrepancies related to assembly, process, mechanical and manufacturing systems. Mark items with details such as acceptance or rejection status. Notify supervisors and other personnel of production problems and assist in identifying and correcting these problems. Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products, follow up with necessary corrective actions with vendor, and manage corrective action to closure and implementation. Lead continuous improvement and quality assurance projects. Conduct root cause analysis, establish, and implement solutions for correcting quality issues. Use the quality system process to devise best practices and reduce process variation. Interact with customers/supplier on quality issues and close all issues in a timely manner. Help institute a supplier corrective action process. Interact with suppliers on quality issues and close all issues in a timely manner. Customer complaint investigation and resolution including interaction with customers to ensure understanding of concerns and timely closure. Track customer quality performance, analysis of customer returns and maintain customer documentation database. Work with the document control system to process document change requests and help develop new documents. Help establish change control board (CCB) to effective manage product change requests (PCR). Report on quality system metrics and present to management.
What your background should be
- 3-5 years managing customer and/or supplier relationships. Certified quality engineer, certified quality auditor and/or ISO 9001 lead auditor designations preferred. Six sigma green or black belt preferred. The ability and strong desire to perform as a commutate team player is a must. Experience in developing and organizing a quality management system. Strong working knowledge of quality management systems.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree or equivalent preferred
Who is the client company
- Concern about travel agency service.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org