Quality Control Specialist
- Melbourne, FL
What you'll be doing
- Analyze and interpret information from a variety of sources to form sound opinions in a high volume environment by comparing reports to established criteria. Communicate with coworkers and other business contacts in a professional and courteous manner in order to verify or obtain additional order information. Deliver completed orders to the client. Escalate orders that are outside of the established guidelines to the review appraiser for further review. Perform other related duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Ability to type words, symbols, and numbers at 45 words per minute (WPM) with 90% or higher accuracy. Ability to meet company performance expectations in accordance with its core values and department standards regarding set critical numbers. Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing. Ability to maintain prioritize, multi-task and maintain a sense of urgency. Basic computer skills, including knowledge of Microsoft product, including Outlook, Word & Excel. Knowledge of real estate & appraisal regulations a plus. Successful completion of uniform standards of professional appraisal practice (USPAP) course and/or continued education requirements; this can happen post-employment, if necessary. Minimum one year of related business experience is preferred but not required.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school or graduate or general degree equivalent (GED).
Who is the client company
- Lending solutions, default solutions, reconciliations, and portfolio analytics for the mortgage financing industry.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org