- Northfield, MN
What you'll be doing
- Provide operations team members, line managers, and maintenance with technical resources in areas of product quality and food safety during on-going production, as well as in noncompliance situations. Attend noncompliance meetings to give direction on restarts, finding the source of the non-compliance and product hold. Perform audits and analyses on finished and intermediate products, ingredients, packaging and systems and follow safety, sanitation, Good manufacturing practices, and good laboratory practices while performing tests. Conduct investigations into consumer complaints. Calibration and maintenance of quality measurement equipment in production and in the QA lab. Use databases to hold and release product, provide non-compliance ingredient and packaging information to vendors (SCAR), and report and store audit reports. Training and application of lean awareness through company excellence. Participate in green belt certification, black belt projects as a member and kaizen projects as a member or resource. Utilize the quality Department resources to help in the identification and resolution of issues.
What your background should be
- 3 years production experience required, food production desired. Knowledge of manufacturing processes, GMP, food safety, GLP, statistics and lab techniques preferred. Experience in Food Systems, audit experience, with ASQCQA certification preferred. This individual must possess excellent organizational and problem solving skills, the ability to work with a PC and have demonstrated math/statistical computation skills. Knowledge of SPC; the ability to work safely with chemicals, as well as, in and around equipment the ability to compile, analyze and present collected data in summary form as well as being capable of performing a variety of tests. Must be able to communicate technical, scientific, and regulatory information, both written and verbally.
Required Schooling / Training
- 4 years college degree or equivalent experience in chemistry, microbiology, math, statistics or food science.
Who is the client company
- Concerns with human resources consulting, outsourcing, consulting, recruitment, career transition and vendor management services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org