- Chicago, IL
What you'll be doing
- Plan, direct and manage the activities of the purchasing function for all affiliates of the medical center. Interviews and trains new employees, takes disciplinary action when appropriate, conflict resolution, and annual performance reviews for the purchasing team. Oversee the daily processes within the purchasing department, including the processing of purchase orders, requisitions, backorder management, buyer messages, maintenance of item master file, and pricing updates. Partners to secure sources for supplies, including identifying and selecting alternate sources when appropriate. Consider best price, quality, availability, and reliability when purchasing products. Ensures timely delivery of products in conjunction with vendors. Manages internal and external customer relationships and the departmental development for the areas of responsibility, to improve service, performance and financial impact to the childrens hospital. Interfaces directly with all departments in the hospital with regards to materials that have been requested to ascertain specifications and need. Interfaces with materials management and accounts payable managers and work collaboratively to address issues of mutual concern. Oversight of all system upgrades and/or conversions as it relates to the procurement functions. Develop productivity standards for all employees of purchasing and ensure that employees meet standards. Identify and manage the implementation of purchasing operational improvements to streamline and improve the efficiencies of current processes while realized increased productivity. Creation and maintenance of procedures and policies for the purchasing process including analysis of key controls and reporting requirements. Participates in both interim and annual financial audits by completing all associated audit requests on behalf of the purchasing department.
What your background should be
- Minimum of ten years purchasing experience with at least five years of supervision. Healthcare preferred. Knowledge of key suppliers and areas of responsibility (medical and surgical suppliers). Proven ability to lead in a dynamic purchasing organization. Minimum of five years experience in computerized purchasing practices. Indepth knowledge and proficiency with a purchasing ERP system. Lawson experience preferred. Proficient in all microsoft office suite particularly microsoft excel. Strong communication, organizational, problem solving and leadership skills. Customer focused understanding of sense of urgency. Demonstrated successful experience with project management and process improvement.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelors degree in business or related field required.
Who is the client company
- It is a pediatric specialty hospital
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com