Pulmonary Vascular Patient Coordinator
- San Diego, CA
What you'll be doing
- Under the direction of the pulmonary vascular manager provides coordination for all patient-related activities including: patient communication, insurance authorizations, scheduling, clinical support, and composing necessary program letters. Individual will be responsible for maintaining program calendar, referral database, unit statistics, and confidentiality in addition to managing patient correspondence. Additionally, he/she may perform and coordinate office duties to include: Insurance verification, coordinating, recording, and transcribing meeting minutes, submitting order and reimbursement forms, and coordinating job-related travel. Incumbent will interface with various program areas, departments and staff, and ensure internal and external customer service needs are met. Person will provide support to departmental leadership and the pulmonary physicians in the areas of program planning, operation development, and facilitating performance improvement projects. Individual is a primary point of contact for patients coming into the pulmonary vascular program and will be expected to provide the highest level of service to patients.
What your background should be
- Three (3) years of experience as an administrative assistant, two (2) years of which were in a healthcare setting. Basic knowledge of medical terminology. Fluent in English for both oral and written communication. Knowledge of surgery, procedure, and clinic scheduling and authorization. Proven knowledge and skill in computer software applications (specifically Microsoft Office). Ability to interact well with all patients. Excellent customer service skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED.
Who is the client company
- Concern about hospital & health care services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org