Public Relations Specialist
- Bloomfield, CT
What you'll be doing
- The client company is currently looking for a public relations specialist. This successful position is responsible for public relations initiatives and activities in support of U.S. business lines with an emphasis on social media and media relations in local markets. Responsibilities include writing, planning and implementation, extensive social media management and engagement, extensive media relations outreach to all types of local media and media response. Interact with executive management, senior management, and employees at all levels of the organization; interact with external business associates. Understand the health care and insurance industries to collaborate and develop close working relationships across the organization.
What your background should be
- At least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in public relations/media relations is preferred. Results-oriented experience in developing and executing creative public relations strategies and tactics at the local level. Experience working with all types of media; including print, online, broadcast with an emphasis on social media, and direct to consumer campaigns. Basic web design skills including working with HTML are desired, but not required. Basic graphic design skills including experience using Adobe Photoshop is desired. Proficiency in Spanish is highly desirable.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is a global health services organization that provides medical, dental, disability, life, accident insurance related products and services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com