Property Staff Accountant
- Atlanta, GA
What you'll be doing
- The property staff accountant reports to the accounting manager and will be responsible for ensuring proper efficiencies applicable to property accounting. This position will support and work with all levels of associates throughout the company in ensuring their needs are met to support the investors, associates and partners. Responsible for financial reporting, assuring accuracy of all aspects of rental revenues and losses. Calculates depreciation and amortization for tangible and intangible assets. Processes purchase price allocation, rent revenue and expense proration, reconciliation of purchase sale agreement and owners equity, and all after sale true-ups with seller. Records opening balances for new acquisitions. Budgets, studies and analyzes the rental market conditions and factors driving market rent for proper revenue forecasting. Analyzes expenses and vendor relations (new contracts, etc.) for accurate budget assumptions in close integration with the investments and operations teams. Creates and posts monthly journal entries and accruals. Reviews and calculates year-end adjusting entries. Heavy cash management, prepares cash position report, prioritizes weekly spending based cash flow and aged payables balance, end of month calculation of cash available for disbursement (CAD) for investor distributions, bank account reconciliations and timely recording of cash transactions. Posts bi-weekly payroll entries for properties. Posts monthly debt service payments for properties. Assists directors of operations with income and expense reclasses as needed. Reviews bank reconciliations and assists with research items. Generates and provides weekly cash balance summaries. Reconciles loan activity on a quarterly basis. Assists with year-end tax audits. The property staff accountant plans and carries out the successive steps of regular duties and handles problems and deviations in the work assignment in accordance with objectives, policies, previous training, or company practices.
What your background should be
- Organizational, quantitative and problem solving skills, attention to detail, understanding of basic accounting rules, interpersonal skills, ability to approach problems both logically and creatively, verbal and written communication skills, ability to meet deadlines, ability to perform multiple assignments without immediate supervision is necessary.
Required Schooling / Training
- BA/BS in accounting is required. Preferably two to four years of experience in real estate accounting.
Who is the client company
- The company is committed to being recognized as a thought leader in the industry through outperformance.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org