Project Site Safety Manager
- Louisville, KY
What you'll be doing
- Ensure that the companies safety program is implemented and effective. Develop and update site specific safety program policy and procedure. Maintain and report accurate record regarding the safety program. Conduct safety and team training. Purchase and distribute safety equipment and supply. Assist in organizing and implementing team. Provide onsite project safety support (i.e., training, inspection, supply, compliance review, etc.). Maintain appropriate certification and awareness of developing technology. Cooperate with project team and team leader. Ensure subcontractor safety compliance. Provide complete injury management from initial doctor visit to reporting and employee follow up. Assure compliance with the health and safety plan and the company safety program. Provide health and safety briefing to the contractor employee and subcontractor. Perform all other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Minimum five years total project safety management construction experience. Last two years of experience involved with safety plan implementation. Specific training in the following areas: OSHA or MSHA safety requirements. First aid and CPR; presentation and facilitation skills. Must have proven abilities and skills in the following: leadership and management of people, communication (verbal and written), planning, organization and delegation. Must be a certified site safety and health professional. SSHO is preferred, but experience can take the place of training. Must have good hand eye coordination. Must have quick reaction times. Must be able to hear adequately enough to be alerted by horns, sirens, shouting or any other noise that is meant to convey a safety warning. Must have vision equal to or better than is required for driving. Must be able to sit for long periods of time. Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Must be able to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, gloves and safety toed boots. Must be able to walk moderate distances to reach work area (1/2 mile or more).
Required Schooling / Training
- An undergraduate degree in environmental health and safety or safety engineering is preferred but not required.
Who is the client company
- The client company is a self-performing heavy-civil contractor specializing in the construction and rehabilitation of dams, spillways and major water resource projects.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org