Project Site Safety Manager
- Aurora, CO
What you'll be doing
- Ensure that the client company safety program is implemented and effective. Develop and update site specific safety program policies and procedures. Maintain and report accurate records regarding the safety program. Conduct safety and team training. Purchase and distribute safety equipment and supplies. Assist in organizing and implementing teams. Provide onsite project safety support (i.e., training, inspections, supplies, compliance review, etc.). Maintain appropriate certifications and awareness of developing technology. Cooperate with project teams and team leaders. Ensure subcontractor safety compliance. Provide complete injury management from initial doctor visit to reporting and employee follow-up. Be present whenever construction operations are in progress. Assure compliance with the health and safety plan and the company safety program. Provide health and safety briefing to the contractor's employees and subcontractors. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Minimum five years of total project safety management construction experience. Last two years of experience involved with safety plan implementation. Must have proven abilities and skills in the following: leadership and management of people, communication (verbal and written), planning, organization and delegation. Must have good hand-eye coordination. Must be able to hear adequately enough to be alerted by horns, sirens, shouting or any other noise that is meant to convey a safety warning. Must be able to work at heights of up to 100 or more. Must be able to work in confined or enclosed spaces. Must be able to sit for long periods of time. Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Must be able to wear a hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, and safety-toed boots. Must be able to walk moderate distances to reach work area (1/2 mile or more). Must be committed to contributing to a culture of safety, looking out for yourself and others.
Required Schooling / Training
- An undergraduate degree in environmental health and safety or safety engineering is preferred but not required.
Who is the client company
- The client company is a self-performing heavy-civil contractor specializing in the construction and rehabilitation of dams, spillways, and major water resource projects.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org