Project Site Safety Manager
- Orlando, FL
What you'll be doing
- Ensure that the company safety program is implemented and effective. Develop and update site specific safety program policies and procedures. Maintain and report accurate records regarding the safety program. Conduct safety and team training. Purchase and distribute safety equipment and supplies. Assist in organizing and implementing teams. Provide onsite project safety support (i.e., training, inspections, supplies, compliance review, etc.). Maintain appropriate certifications and awareness of developing technology. Cooperate with project teams and team leaders. Ensure subcontractor safety compliance. Provide complete injury management from initial doctor visit to reporting and employee follow-up. Be present whenever construction operations are in progress. Assure compliance with the health and safety plan and the company safety program. Provide health and safety briefing to the contractor's employees and subcontractors. Perform other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Minimum five years total project safety management construction experience. Last two years of experience involved with safety plan implementation. Must have experience on U.S. army corps of engineers projects. Must be a certified site safety and health professional. SSHO is preferred, but experience can take the place of training. Must have good balance and must not be clumsy. Climb ladders or steps to reach objects. Must be able to work at heights of up to 100 or more.
Required Schooling / Training
- An undergraduate degree in environmental health and safety or safety engineering is preferred but not required.
Who is the client company
- The client company is a self-performing heavy-civil contractor specializing in the construction and rehabilitation of dams, spillways and major water resource projects.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com