Project Mechanical Engineer
- Columbus, OH
What you'll be doing
- The incumbent of this position will serve as a project mechanical engineer. The candidate will design, develop and test all aspects of mechanical components, equipment, and machinery. Apply knowledge of engineering principles to design products. Involve in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and repair of mechanical products. Provide technical support to installation staff. Review plans and other technical documents, answer questions regarding the scope and timing of the project; and monitor costs and project progress. Develop cost estimates or tentative schedules. Perform engineering assignments related to designing and detailing using a cad system. Manage project schedules and budgets. Perform project estimation. Interface with customer engineers when gathering system requirements, then translating the requirements to functional technical specifications. Provide engineering support to customers and engineering staff. Support field modifications and commissioning. Perform other duties as assigned or required.
What your background should be
- Five or more years experience in mechanical engineering & designing including detailing required. Two to five years experience in material handling systems. Experience managing and scheduling projects and work teams. Knowledge of automotive manufacturing process body welding, paint and assembly preferred. Strong cad skills preferred. The applicant must be computer literate; include ms office, lotus notes, excel, and experience with an mrp system helpful. Strong verbal and written communication skills preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering required.
Who is the client company
- This company is a staffing and recruiting firm.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org