Project Management Senior Specialist (Release Management)
- Bloomfield, CT
What you'll be doing
- The project management senior specialist (release management) will support the end-to-end program governance of integrated & non-integrated releases. The candidate will work directly with enterprise project managers, asg release managers, it operations leaders, enterprise release management, and business operational implementation leads. Manage the release content, working with the asg pms and pmo lead on selection of appropriate projects for inclusion in the release. Develop & implement reusable release management process improvements for future releases as appropriate. Post release analysis and reporting. Proactively build and manage strong relationships with enterprise release management to ensure tsg adherence to appropriate enterprise processes, procedures. Follow release management process and methodologies to ensure application changes delivered on time, adhere to high quality standards, and meet customer expectations. Participate in release manager community council, plan and facilitate asg releases, minimize off-release activity, review logged and approved work to ensure the status is kept up-to-date, and utilize standard release management methodology and tools. S/he will represent the asg at the release gates, order of activities review, and backout review sessions. Change advisory board familiarity, and asg representation as needed.
What your background should be
- Experience in scope management, planning & estimating, issue, risk and communication management. General understanding of multiple processing platforms (desktop, distributed, mainframe). The incumbent should have strong facilitation, and negotiation skills, superior communication skills (written and oral), ability to function independently. Soa familiarity preferred. Must possess the ability to differentiate among support items which are appropriate for release inclusion, and those which are not candidates for release deployment. Must serve as a liaison for supporting deployment & tracking systems (clarity, hpsm) for the asg. Proficient development of backout plans, code coupling analysis, and additional release related artifacts. Solid understanding of systems development life cycle milestones, and waterfall pm methodology.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information systems, business administration, or other related field preferred.
Who is the client company
- The client is a global healthcare services provider company.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org