- Springfield, MO
What you'll be doing
- Designs controls and automation systems, including electrical design of motor control panels, PLC panels, and instrument panels for compressors and steam turbines in a variety of applications like water treatment, incineration, chemicals, petro-chemicals, micro LNG and wet flue gas desulfurization. Applies knowledge of NEC, UL, CSA and CE standards to panel designs. Writes PLC and HMI programs for water treatment systems using Allen Bradley, Modicon and GE PLC and touch screens. Configures automation networks, including Ethernet, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Profibus, Modbus. Conducts factory testing and configuration of controls and automation systems. Directs field engineers regarding site acceptance testing. Troubleshoots equipment operation issues which may be related to controls design or programming. Suggests and implements solutions. Works with sales group, customers, and consulting engineers to develop controls and automation solutions to meet customer needs. Provides supports to project management, materials personnel, and craftsman throughout the phases of each project assigned. Determines the proper analytical system integration solution for the application as defined by the project quotation, budget, customer specifications, customer, and analyzer data sheets. Evaluates/selects equipment to ensure the solution offered meets requirements of the customer specifications. Finalizes designs documentations to represent built conditions.
What your background should be
- The candidate should be familiar with SCADA systems, including those from Wonderware, Allen Bradley, GE. S/he should have to specify the project bill of material; support craftsman during the production phase of the project. Incumbent should have the ability to draft in CAD electrical and to interpret electrical schematics and drawings. Applicant should have to support technician during testing and customer FAT phases of the project.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience required.
Who is the client company
- This company is one of the worlds leading suppliers of a wide range of products, solutions and services in the field of energy technology.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org