- Los Angeles, CA
What you'll be doing
- The program specialist position assists in the planning, organization and delivery of services and activities specific to an university program. The incumbent provides a professional service such as counseling, testing and evaluation, teaching or event planning in support of a university program. Assists program management with administrative functions covering planning, budgeting, proposal development, and marketing of program services. Researches and identifies client or beneficiary needs and recommends program modifications or creation of new programs and services. Develops and conducts program-focused training and assesses proficiency or readiness of trainees. Interfaces with faculty, researchers and staff for committee work or information exchange regarding program services or content. Stays informed of developments in field. Reads pertinent literature, attends meetings and participates in professional associations as appropriate. Establishes and maintains an active network of professional contacts. Coordinates program services with other offices and staff on campus. Represents program on university committees as requested. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
What your background should be
- Combination of experience/education will be counted as a substitute for minimum education. Minimum 2 years of experience required. Directly related professional experience in program specialization, e.g., counseling or teaching is asked. Preferred field of expertise are journalism, computer science or economics.
Required Schooling / Training
- A bachelor degree is preferred.
Who is the client company
- The client is a public university system in the U.S. state of California.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com