- San Diego, CA
What you'll be doing
- The program officer is responsible for creating, developing and implementing programs in conjunction with her or his supervisor and IPJ partners, managing budgets and ensuring timely and clear communication among staff, client company and external constituents including partners and donors. The candidate will manage specified program logistics, track expenditures and revenue, create budgets for proposals and implement training for interns, students or volunteers, organize events and maintain program files. The program officer will have a role in the decision-making at the institute with respect to the identification and development of appropriate WPS related projects and the continuation and development of the women peace makers program. The program officer will be expected to contribute substantively to the design of projects and implementation. The program officer will write reports on country project activities following every trip and distribute them to an agreed-on list of individuals and organizations. The program officer will coordinate and maintain regular and timely communication with country partners, donors and contacts. The program officer will write program publications, conference reports, grant proposals, donor reports and other documents as determined by the senior program officer. Liaison with client company and external organizations. The PO will work with client company offices and departments to ensure the smooth and effective implementation of IPJ programs. The PO will cultivate relationships on campus to increase the IPJ outreach to the client company community and may give presentations in classes and meet with faculty, staff and students to promote awareness of and participation in IPJ programs.
What your background should be
- Minimum of 3 years of full-time work experience in women, peace and security, gender and peacebuilding, conflict resolution, human rights or related field. Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working at national and international levels supporting, designing, implementing or managing programs. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and to effectively engage with partner organizations, other external programs and departments on campus. Experience facilitating multicultural groups. Experience in logistical support, organizational planning and event management. Oral and written fluency in a language other than English highly preferred. Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills. Well-developed analytical skills and an ability to absorb information quickly. Excellent problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills. Excellent judgment and ability to respond positively to mentoring and direction. Advanced computer skills including use of Microsoft Office software (word processing, spreadsheets and database).
Required Schooling / Training
- Masters degree or equivalent in a relevant field such as peace and conflict studies, international relations, gender studies or human rights.
Who is the client company
- Concern about educational services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org