- Orange County, CA
What you'll be doing
- Ensures company standards and values are maintained throughout the program. Directs, leads and is accountable for all phases of projects within the program. Ensures program operations are executed in accordance with company project management procedures and policies. Plans, directs and is accountable for the achievement of program revenue and profit objectives and effective management of overhead costs. Maintains and ensures client satisfaction and effectively resolves complaints when necessary in order to secure repeat business. Participates in preparation and negotiation of owner contracts and ensures delivery and adherence to contractual requirements and that all aspects of owner contracts are accomplished. Oversees preparation and maintenance of program budget, construction schedule and master program schedule. Oversees preconstruction and construction progress and team performance to ensure conformance with schedule, budget and contractual requirements. Implements and maintains effective systems of communication within and outside the program to ensure constructive relationships and the adequate flow of information. Ensures preparation and distribution of construction observation reports, progress status reports, schedules, pay applications and cost control reports. Ensures implementation and maintenance of effective document control mechanisms for the program including as builts, submittals and requests for information. Maintains high quality standards, understands key process issues and ensures implementation of process improvements for all work on the project. Identifies and manages risk on the program and advises and confers with regional executive prior to implementing risk mitigation actions. Assists with strategy development and substantially contributes to business development efforts for assigned projects including the preparation of proposals and presentations for new work. Actively participates in the business community and builds relationships within the industry to generate and enhance business opportunities. Ensures workplace health and safety policies and procedures are clearly communicated and understood by program employees and enforces rules fairly and uniformly. Proactively manages the training and professional development of program employees. Facilitates and ensures the continuous and effective execution of the performance management process for program employees. Manages the staffing and compensation of program employees in accordance with company policies and procedures. Executes additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
What your background should be
- Minimum 15 years progressive and position related work experience in construction management and at least 5 years related work experience managing five or more employee required. LEED professional accreditation preferred. Certified construction manager (CCM) preferred. DSA experience required; design build, lease leaseback knowledge are a plus. Knowledge of architecture, engineering and construction management industry including current conditions and industry network. Effective computer skills including proficient use of Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint software required and project management (Prolog) and scheduling database (P6) software preferred. Effective verbal and written communication skills, including the advanced ability to foster and maintain effective interpersonal relationships. Ability to provide leadership and financial management support to a large project team. Ability to demonstrate the competencies of achieving results, communication and building teamwork.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree from four years college or university in architecture, engineering, construction management or related field.
Who is the client company
- This is one of the most prominent construction companies operating in the western United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com