- Vandalia, IL
What you'll be doing
- Implement the standard operating procedures (SOP) to the best of their ability. These include, but are not limited to: following feeding strategies. Monitoring and maintaining proper temperature and ventilation rates. Sort animals according to body condition. Assist in the movement of animals, sort and relocation of fall behind pigs, removal of dead animals from pens and documentation. Using pharmaceutical (medication) and biological products (vaccines). Perform timely duties and comply with practices that promote the health of the animals under their care (commonly referred to as bio-security practices). These activities include, but are limited to: changing footwear and clothing, and showering as required. Maintaining bird proof facilities. Observation of sops for transportation of livestock supplies and feed. Rodent baiting on the inside and outside of the buildings, keep and maintain adequate rodent baiting records on a weekly and monthly basis. Isolation of disease areas and dead animal removal according to standardized protocol. Restriction of travel patterns and adhering to down-time requirements. Process and forward counts, records, logs, and schedules on time to designated personnel. Perform maintenance and repairs on buildings and equipment, as well as, housekeeping responsibilities of the barn facilities including trash removal, cleanliness of the office spaces, lunchrooms, and employee changing areas. Perform other duties as needed and assigned.
What your background should be
- Prior agriculture experience is a plus. Knowledge of company policies and systems standard operating procedures. Effective communication skills. Maintenance of a safe working environment. Reporting all work related injuries. Demonstrating respect to co-workers. Ability to work with animals. Follow verbal/written instructions. Maintain complete and accurate records. Work independently and as a team player.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED.
Who is the client company
- This is one of the largest family-owned pork production networks in North America.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org