- Bessemer, AL
What you'll be doing
- Transfers molten metal from holding furnace to machine. Cleans and prepares trough by removing foreign material and coats and maintains trough and trough chute making refractory repairs to trough and chute as required. Maintains material supplies for work area (blacking, refractory, paint, cement, etc.). Operates production machinery to produce good quality pipe. Visually inspects core, places core on core setter, visually inspects mold for presence of foreign material, checks for proper alignment of trough in casting machine. Transfers pipe from casting to annealing ovens and processes pipe through the ovens in accordance with written procedures and oral instructions. Tests pipe for ductility and pressure. Records pipe identification information and enters information into computer. Places labels on pipe as required. Keeps work area in clean and orderly condition and performs all work in accordance with plant and safety rules.
What your background should be
- The applicant should have manufacturing experience a plus. Must have basic computer skills. Advanced knowledge in Microsoft suits Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Strong ability in multi tasking.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school or equivalent (GED).
Who is the client company
- Designs and produces ductile iron pipes, fittings, valves, hydrants and related products.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org