Production Manager/Industrial Engineer
- Blissfield, MI
What you'll be doing
- Develop most efficient ways to use people, machines, materials, information, and energy to make a product. Developing production processes, equipment/tooling alternatives, sequence, and flow of operations for the effective utilization of personnel, material, machines, and facilities necessary for production. Compile and analyze production, maintenance, and operational information to determine causes of operating or production problems and uses to implement solutions. Develops work measurement procedures and directs time-and-motion studies to promote efficient and economical utilization of personnel and facilities. Directs or conducts observation and analysis of personnel and work procedures to determine time-and-motion requirements of job duties. Applies mathematical analysis to determine validity and reliability of sampling and work study statistics. Analyzes work study data and equipment specifications to establish time and production standards. Applies principles of industrial engineering to evaluate work methods proposals and to develop recommendations to management affecting work methods. Identify avenues to increase capacity, reduce costs and improve quality and safety. Document technology associated with manufacturing of products; highlighting practical and theoretical knowledge, variable set points, process deviation decision charts and training manuals. Responsible for developing and implementing continuous process improvements and systems for production department. Assists in training production staff on new tooling and jobs and provides required documentation. Cross-train worker teams for maximum production flexibility. Develops and implements systems used for all process documentation, variable control, and job set-up. Establish work standards and complete work instructions. Ensure products are created on time. Test machines for disrepair and malfunctions. Set and meet production goals. Maximize the production process to lower costs. Change production levels and staffing on different product lines to minimize inventory levels. Monitor product standards. Keep abreast of new technology that can be used in the production process. Ensure compliance with workplace safety programs.
What your background should be
- 3 to 7 years of production management experience, process improvement & lean six sigma. Excellent work history, attendance, initiative and drive to succeed. Maintain excellent communication and relationships with others; be a team player; maintain a positive attitude. Perform in a manner consistent with company vision/mission statement and core values.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelors in manufacturing, mechanical, industrial, process engineering, or business management.
Who is the client company
- Concern about health, wellness and fitness services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org