Product Development Manager
- Alameda, CA
What you'll be doing
- Oversee product development and production for product categories as assigned. Work with design to produce tech packs for seasonal assortment. Publish and distribute to contractors according to source plan. Develop product that meets or exceeds company margin requirements. Partner with business manager and sourcing to ensure superior product and timely delivery of product. Ensure both the technical superiority and the product quality/integrity and safety and liability of all products falling under the scope of assigned responsibilities. Measure and review development samples to prepare for fit sessions. Manage the creation of specifications for the products, publishes, and maintains all records, style files, and samples associated with the product and related programs. Review and approve factory submits in conjunction with design/merchandising. Act as a liaison between QA and production to guarantee all required information is communicated to the appropriate business partners.
What your background should be
- Minimum 7 years related experience in the apparel industry is required. Excellent understanding of product development and production skills. Strong knowledge of women's athletic apparel. Successful project management skills and knowledge of the product cycle and product development timelines. Strong knowledge of specification management, product costing, and size/fit/grading of women's athletic apparel. Ability to facilitate problem solving and address issues in a timely manner.
Required Schooling / Training
- College or university program degree.
Who is the client company
- This is an American clothing retailer.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org