- Des Plaines, IL
What you'll be doing
- This position will primarily focus as a commodity leader for instrumentation for the process technology & equipment and gas processing & hydrogen projects. This position will obtain supplier qualifications, develop sourcing for the instrumentation commodity, execute contracts, perform transactions in SAP, participate in a team environment within procurement as well as in the project teams. Candidate needs to manage the sourcing and contracting of instrumentation, including valves, analyzers, transmitters, electrical components, etc. Negotiates commercial pay terms and delivery schedules with suppliers and insures compliance with company terms and conditions. Execute non-disclosure and term and condition agreements with suppliers. Candidate should assist commodity leaders in supplier performance reviews and commodity leaders and others in the administration, implementation, compliance, and enforcement of global commodity and contracting strategies. Interfaces with business functions to insure that site/function requirements are addressed and that services expectations are met.
What your background should be
- This position required 3 years procurement experience working in a manufacturing or industrial environment and 3 years experience using ERP systems such as SAP or JD Edwards or similar. Reverse eAuction experience a strong plus. Strong communication skills and SAP experience preferred. Strong comprehensive technical knowledge of company's supply base, knowledge of acquisition planning, negotiations and agreement/contract administration. Candidate have to complete greenbelt training and achieve greenbelt certification within 12-18 months of hire date. Knowledgeable of basic legal and commercial concepts. Ability to drive projects to completion successfully. Professional procurement certification (CPM, CPSM) and HOS training or experience a plus.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor's degree in business or a similar discipline
Who is the client company
- A multinational conglomerate company that produces a variety of commercial and consumer products, engineering services and aerospace systems for a wide variety of customers.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com