Procurement Operations Supervisor
- Lake Forest, IL
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for all day to day procurement activities for indirect goods and services, and will supervise a team of 8-10 operations specialist. The position procurement operations/ business and the ability to recognize and escalate challenges. This role will work closely with the buying desk operator, the operations manager, and the procurement practice manager to develop recommendations on process or policy change to make the activities more effective. Supervise the daily procurement operations team to ensure the quality and turn around time of purchase order placements, and the handling of expedited orders. Resolve and handle basic user inquiry, issue resolution, and education to customers of indirect procurement transactions. Collaborate with the operation manager in developing/implementing processes and evaluate tools for efficient buying and PO creation. Provide recommendations for cost reduction or additional benefits, escalates to the buying desk or category team. Work with internal customers to ensure satisfaction of day to day procurement activities. Effectively communicating the company vision/strategy, goals and value proposition to the procurement operations team. Interact with senior management to articulate operational effectiveness. Ensure compliance to established department process and procedures. Effectively provide employee coaching, development goals, conduct recognition and disciplinary action for employees when necessary. This position will report directly to the procurement operations manager.
What your background should be
- 3-5 years of relevant experience is preferred. Experience with SAP and e procurement systems. Previous experience in supervising a team. Comprehensive understanding of requisition/PO process and order to payment technologies are required.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in IT, Supply Chain Management, Business or related field.
Who is the client company
- Concern about business supplies and equipment services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com