- Arlington, VA
What you'll be doing
- Take items from containers and determine appropriateness for sales floor in accordance with established guidelines. Stay abreast of brand names, designer labels, current and vintage styles. Sort apparel into boutique, salable, and salvage categories according to quota. Count pieces of clothing and record on daily hanger report. Place non-sellable merchandise in appropriate container. Place sellable items on sales floor in a neat and orderly fashion. Maintain sorting and processing area in neat and clean condition at all times. Follow good safety and security practices including reporting safety hazards and injuries to the general manager, store manager, or assistant manager. Meet quota for pieces processed; hang clothes in preparation for sales floor. Perform other duties as assigned by management.
What your background should be
- The candidate should have six months experience in similar work environment or equivalent training. Ability to effectively communicate with customers and GGW associates. Basic math skills. Ability to lift up to 40 pounds frequently. Ability to perform continuous walking, stooping, standing, bending, kneeling and climbing. Ability to demonstrate knowledge of items appropriate for sale in store. Ability to work in a warehouse environment.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is a nonprofit organization that provides job training, employment placement and other related services for people with barriers to employment.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com