Pro Services Representative (Outside Sales)
- Woodbridge, VA
What you'll be doing
- Primary focus is developing relationships with the pro customer community outside the store. Prospects continuously for new clients through a variety of techniques, including telephone solicitation, with a majority of focus on outside sales (80%). Maintains current list of all prospects in electronic database as specified by company. Develops pricing and business development strategies in collaboration with and under the direction of company or location management. Works with company sales, operations and marketing department to focus sales efforts on developed and internet leads and in developing campaigns to maximize sales efforts. Participates in trade associations and trade shows and assists in other promotional efforts. Analyzes local market to identify market opportunities, prospective companies and associated buyers. Follows-up on referrals and self-generated leads to identify buyer influences and any timing issues; monitors prospects contract calendars; prepares reports on status of leads and other reports as required. Plans prospect visits with appropriate operations personnel, such as the responsible local management. Makes sales presentations to prospective customers. Solicits orders and processes approved services schedules; strives to achieve sales goals. Meets regularly with new clients to assess level of satisfaction with services and to develop a list of strong referrals. Develops and submits proposals and responses to RFQ and RFP issued by prospective clients after obtaining pricing and specifications approval from management as appropriate. Enhances and maintains business development skills through participating in a variety of training programs as assigned. Performs additional functions, duties and specific tasks of a similar nature and scope as necessary in order to achieve assigned business objectives.
What your background should be
- Three years retail sales experience and proven ability to sell. Skill in persuasive oral and written communications, including effective executive-level presentation skills. Demonstrated skills in the areas of sales and business development. Ability to present information effectively and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers and prospects. Must possess excellent customer service skills and be results oriented. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to multi-task and handle project assignments responsibly. Ability to work independently, within a team across all levels and diverse cultures and the ability to lead team projects. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills. Must be able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures. Excellent planning, organization and time management skills. Ability to analyze sales data and develop recommendations and solutions. Ability to adapt to changes in the external environment and organization. Must have a valid driving license and proof of automobile insurance.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school graduate or equivalent. College degree preferred.
Who is the client company
- This is a leading specialty retailer in the hard surface flooring market, offering the broadest selection of ceramic, porcelain, wood, laminate and stone flooring available in the industry.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org