Principal Technical Architect
- Redmond, WA
What you'll be doing
- Responsible for translating business needs into technical solutions, and defining solutions to problems through reasoned application of information technology. Designs, develops, documents and analyzes overall architecture of systems, including hardware and software. Determines integrated hardware and software architecture solutions that meet performance, usability, scalability, reliability, and security needs. Coordinates design and integration of total system including subsystems. Researches and recommends technology to improve the current systems. Contributes through own development of advanced technologies/concepts with global reach or industry application. Has direct impact on creation of technical products/services. Serves as a role model and mentor. Applies expert knowledge and broad understanding of multiple disciplines. Integrates expert knowledge of technical principles/methods of multiple disciplines with knowledge of products/services and internal operations. Solves complex, critical problems related to significant and unique issues. Uses extensive research and interpretative thinking. Utilizes innovative methods in developing solutions. Works on abstract problems requiring evaluation of intangible variables. Applies discretion to develop innovative solutions to problems without precedent. Develops enterprise wide integrated solutions. Contributes to complex and innovative business solutions to achieve strategic objectives. Provides technical expertise to peers across the company. Actively promotes good working relationships. Develops mutually beneficial strategic alliances with customers.
What your background should be
- 8-10 years related technical architect experience. Proficient in engineering cost estimates and economic analyses and models. Knowledge of wireless technologies standards and protocols (3GPP, Wi-Fi, WiMax, antennas, amplifiers, base stations, propagation, interference, spectrum). Proficient in voice, video, and app technologies/protocols (circuit, VoIP, SIP, IMS, AIN, Camel, etc.). Proficient in network and system architecture (subsystems, interfaces, hw/sw dependencies). Proficient in message and conference systems and networks (multiple media, notification, presence, unified communications, video). Knowledge in network management, tools and protocols (configuration, IP network address management, perf, mgmt). Understands virtualization, storage and content delivery networks (Cloud, CDM, Grid, SAN). Proficient in specifying and evaluating architecture requirements for RFXs.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in computer science, telecommunications, electrical engineering or related field.
Who is the client company
- This is a wireless company, which provides wireless services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org