Principal Engineer, Staff Engineer
- Ann Arbor, MI
What you'll be doing
- Source, develop, adapt and apply rapid prototyping electronic control systems to advanced engine vehicle systems using Verilog, Simulink and direct c code. Work closely with clients to understand control system requirements. Work within team to define and develop customized control system features; perform wiring, soldering and electronic troubleshooting as required. Support production of reports, proposals and presentations to clients. Work as part of a dynamic team to rapidly bring concept to reality by leveraging existing designs and cots technology.
What your background should be
- Minimum 15 years of experience in circuit analysis, analog and digital design, including practical implementation microcontroller, DSP, FPGA implementation, PCB design tools (e.g. ALTIUM), MATLAB/SIMULINK and/or c code development for embedded systems and hands-on wiring and troubleshooting-especially as related to engine DYNO lab instrumentation and control systems required. Experience with mechanical aspects of engine/vehicle testing and understanding of combustion and/or after treatment mechanisms is required. Detailed knowledge of how sensors and actuators are interfaced through conditioning and drive electronics, controller i/o devices and software drivers is required; oriented knowledge of IC engines, thermodynamics, hydraulic systems is a plus; must be self-starting and highly motivated individual able to manage multiple assignments concurrently with limited supervision; must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be hands-on, application and result. A valid/clear driving license is required.
Required Schooling / Training
- BS degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or related field with at least a 3.0 GPA required.
Who is the client company
- This is one of the oldest and largest independent, nonprofit, applied research and development organizations in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com