- Charlotte, NC
What you'll be doing
- Drive integrated product development (IPD) for respective module across the GT organization in order to fulfill all technical requirements and quality aspects while meeting financial and schedule targets right first time. Lead and conduct integration workshops and meetings according to the IPD methodology and tool box. Act as a fast facilitator for all issue resolution (technical, schedule, cost) due to design, manufacturing, supply or service deviations for the respective module. Support testing and field validation by identifying technical objectives and reconciling associated risks for product and business against required budget. Conduct a key role to reduce product cost to the minimum with respect to quality and other boundaries for the respective module considering the breakdown of component costs, provide trade-off studies, follow-up on cost cases and perform cost monitoring.
What your background should be
- Expertise and 4 years experience in 1st component of expertise (compressor, combustion, turbine, rotor, casing, auxiliaries) regarding design, manufacturing and/or supply chain. Managing larger development projects for 4 years. Having experience in supporting the team and the organization in difficult situations (diplomacy) considering technical, schedule and/or cost efforts. Assertiveness and ability to initiate, lead and maintain integral working relationships with international and multi-site GT disciplines. Strong project management experience and drive; demonstrated ability to receive a development target and drive it to completion. Strong turbine component technical skills. Experience with turbine manufacturing process. Strong Integrated product development mind set. Experience with at least one other GT component in addition to turbine flow path components: design, manufacturing, supply, assembly, and service. Experience with engine operations is favorable. Communication (intercultural moderation & presentation techniques). Technical project management experience. IPD, LEAN, PDP, FMEA, SIRA, DFM, experience. Understand GT technology across all components.
Required Schooling / Training
- Diploma-engineering /B.S./M.S. in mechanical or aerospace engineering with focus in turbo machinery.
Who is the client company
- This company is one of the worlds leading suppliers of a wide range of products, solutions and services in the field of energy technology.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com