Preventive Maintenance Commercial Kitchen Technician
- Chicago, IL
What you'll be doing
- Check on commercial foodservice equipment including refrigerators, ice machines, ovens, fryers and complete beverage equipment preventative maintenance, emergency repairs, installations and removals. Complete in-service training of customers staff on proper cleaning and daily maintenance of equipment. Effectively manage time and resources to control costs, enhance efficiencies and meet customer commitments. Identify operating challenges that lead to kitchen equipment failure in restaurants, hotels, hospitals and other commercial customers. Attend appropriate technical and manufacturer training to obtain additional licenses and certifications to progress in your career. Perform all other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- Relevant technical training, licenses or certifications (i.e. EPA, CFESA). Commercial refrigeration or commercial cooking equipment repair experience. Self-motivated with the proven ability prioritize and work independently with minimal direct supervision. Valid driving license and acceptable motor vehicle record. Availability for occasional overnight travel as assigned. Ability to frequently kneel, bend, squat, push, pull, reach and occasionally lift and carry up to 70 pounds. Ability to work with moving mechanical parts, pressurized steam equipment, open flames, heated surfaces, liquids and risk of electrical shock in damp, humid or freezing conditions. Ability to work on ladders, roofs and in rare cases, high, precarious places.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is an American global provider of water, hygiene and energy technologies and services to the food, energy, healthcare, industrial and hospitality markets.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org