Preschool Assistant Teacher
- Rochester, NY
What you'll be doing
- Provide active, fully engaged supervision of the children at all times. Provide coverage in any classroom as needed to maintain ratios. Provide developmentally appropriate activities and experiences to facilitate the children development in multiple areas. Help to meet each child social, emotional, cognitive, and physical needs. Assist with child assessments and screenings. Assist in maintaining classroom cleanliness and compliance with all relevant regulations and standards, including state regulations, accreditation standards, head start/early head start performance standards, and/or universal pre-kindergarten standards. Participate in case conferences (cat meetings) as assigned. Assist in the implementation of goals from the public schools or early intervention for children with an individualized education plan (IEP) or individualized family service plan (IFSP). Implement strategies from the social worker for children with social-emotional or behavioral issues. Encourage parents to be involved in the program through such means as parent meetings, parent/teacher conferences, home visits, family events, parent workshops, curriculum planning, and attending field trips.
What your background should be
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of classroom experience in a preschool setting required. Should have the knowledge of NYS OCFS regulations.
Required Schooling / Training
- Minimum of child development associate in preschool (CDA), or combination of early childhood college credits, or AAS degree with concentration in early childhood education required.
Who is the client company
- This is a faith-based nonprofit organization that provides affordable housing and other assistance services primarily to low-income people throughout the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com