Preparation Lab Assistant
- Wood Dale, IL
What you'll be doing
- The preparation lab assistant is responsible to pick up samples from accessioning and sorts samples into appropriate racks, unpacks stores reagents and supplies, inventories and order warehouse supply items. Sort samples and distribute them to the appropriate setup hood. Manage specimen library within established periods. Decontaminate work areas as designated, perform waived tests under supervision, seek specimens as needed, maintain work area in clean and organized condition, follow all PPE requirements, maintain designated laboratory equipment, and perform QA/QC duties as assigned. Resolve unverified pending list for occult bloods and urinalysis, inoculate appropriate microbiology media based on site given and prepare samples for processing i.e. tissue grinders, centrifuging. Assist with department quality and process improvement projects. Perform all other duties as assigned.
What your background should be
- The incumbent must have ability to work occasional overtime, on-call, weekends and holidays as needed. Must be accurate worker, detail oriented, flexible with respect to department scheduling needs and flexible to work in other departments as needed.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Who is the client company
- This is a hospital & health care company that provides clinical laboratory services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com