Precision Planting Software Test Engineer Technician
- Tremont, IL
What you'll be doing
- Performs lab and on-equipment testing to validate features in real world operating environment including systems integration testing with other products. Performs performance and regression tests to ensure product quality targets are met before software or hardware is shipped to beta or production customers. Analyzes and reduces machine and field data to support decision making by software engineers and project leads. Documents reliability and performance issues and communicates pertinent information to appropriate design engineers. Assists engineering team in the development & support of products in the field may include travel to remote testing sites or customer sites as necessary technical skills. Above average analytical and problem solving skills. Significant attention to detail and ability to maintain focus in a chaotic field environment. Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills. Hands on electrical and mechanical troubleshooting skills. Able to operate tractor, planters, and combines in field conditions on test sites or customer farm.
What your background should be
- Minimum of 2-5 years related experience. Normally receives no instructions on routine work, general instructions on new assignments. Able to look at a design, assess the risks, and plan appropriate tests to ensure successful product launch. Coordinates field test plans and communicates with customers. Provides technical support via phone and field visit in early phases of product launch. Demonstrates analytical and problem solving skills.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in engineering or related discipline.
Who is the client company
- This is a publicly traded American multinational agrochemical and agricultural biotechnology corporation.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com