Practice Registered Nurse (PST PRN ACC TMC)
- Charleston, SC
What you'll be doing
- Under the direction and supervision of registered nurses and licensed practical nurse, the successful candidate will administer direct nursing care including treatment, hygiene, monitoring vital signs, and assisting with preparing patient for surgery, endoscopy, or interventional radiology. Assist with post-op care and assist in the discharge process for outpatient post surgical, endoscopic, and invasive procedures. Accept additional tasks as assigned. Perform necessary clerical duties. Obtain EKGs and reports any abnormalities. Provide the best quality of patient care services. Job may include direct supervision of students at the discretion of the area supervisor. Employee will complete the same training to satisfy the requirements of the discipline of the student. Direct supervision means the primary caregiver is readily available to the student throughout the shift.
What your background should be
- Current certification as a BLS healthcare provider is needed. Patient care experience preferred. Experience as a ward clerk or unit secretary in acute care preferred. Working knowledge of medical terminology desired. Customer service abilities including effective listening skills, ability to quick decision making to report patient condition with minimal supervision, ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Required Schooling / Training
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
Who is the client company
- This is one of the largest health care facilities providers in the world that currently manages hundreds of hospitals and freestanding surgery centers in the United States.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com