Power Conversion Infrastructure Engineer
- Dearborn, MI
What you'll be doing
- Power conversion infrastructure engineer will be responsible for understanding the global infrastructure, standards, and technologies deployed for the charging of electrified vehicles. Primary focus will be on the current and emerging DC charging technologies though the role will include aspects of AC and inductive charging. A strong team player, the engineer will be required to interface with vehicle & component engineers, standards & governmental organizations, equipment suppliers, and test facilities. This position also responsible for providing single point of contact to engineering team on DC infrastructure technologies & standards, including EVSE & grid side, evaluate current and emerging charging standards and develop internal technical position papers as well as support technology subject matter experts in authoring product specifications. Support technical analysis of power electronics designs & implementations, working closely with the design & release responsible component & subsystem engineers. Ability to perform benchmarking on EVSE systems, particularly on the grid side interactions and work with component, and test engineers to develop and execute compatibility tests.
What your background should be
- The successful candidate will be proficient and comfortable with modeling & simulation tools such as Mat-lab, PSIM, PSPICE, etc. Strong expertise in power electronic circuit design and analysis, practical knowledge of power distribution (grid side); able to interact with utilities, standards & governmental organizations. Strong communicator, able to effectively present to both technical and executive audiences. Team player comfortable working in a diverse group in a dynamic, fast paced environment
Required Schooling / Training
- MS in electrical engineering
Who is the client company
- A multinational automobile company; sells automobiles and commercial vehicles worldwide.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org