- Long Beach, WA
What you'll be doing
- Install, repair, test, and modify line and station telephone equipment for customers using hand tools, power tools, and computer interfaces. Includes repairs to outside wires and tree trimming, and placing new drops. Inspect subscriber premises to determine the appropriate method of installation. Test newly installed telephone/equipment using testing devices and repairs or replaces faulty equipment. Perform appropriate testing to ensure proper transmission and supervision specifications. Work closely with the dispatch center for work assignments such as trouble reports and service orders. Record transmission readings, daily time, and function codes in work force management. Install and maintain subscriber pair gains devices. Refurbish cable and install facilities within pedestals and/or terminals. Actively support sales and marketing related activities through the take the lead program. Climb poles using either hooks, ladders or bucket trucks, attach terminal boxes and carrier housings, and repair or replace defective lines and auxiliary equipment. Unreal and string aerial lines; install conduits and pole hardware. Pull lines through conduit by hand or with use of a winch. Observe all safety rules and regulations. Correct prints and maintain as-built in accordance with company practices and policies. Install and maintain video, data, and station wiring and apparatus, maintain loop plant, including analog and digital subscriber carrier. Assist other technical personnel in the performance of their duties when requested.
What your background should be
- One year of current telecommunications industry experience in one or more of the following areas: installation, maintenance, and repair of aerial, buried and underground wire and cable; telephones; switched digital television; High speed internet; building wiring; station equipment; or equivalent in education and training. Incumbent must be technically proficient in order to perform the specific work requirements of the job in the particular location.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or GED.
Who is the client company
- This company is an industry leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com