Plant Maintenance Technician
- Lincoln, NE
What you'll be doing
- Assist in the development and implementation of a preventative maintenance program to anticipate and check, lube and record all structural, rebar and batch plant equipment. Perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment safely. Complete maintenance and repair log. Independently determine the need and perform basic repair, service and related work on mechanical, plumbing, electrical and production equipment. Ensure safe and efficient operation of the plant through maintenance, inspection and repair of the equipment and operating condition of the concrete plant. Perform scheduled and unscheduled preventive maintenance and adjustment of selected equipment and fixture, as well as, operational test and verification to specific standard. Equipment include crane and batch plant and hollow core. Assist machine operator in break down and help trouble shoot problem with all machine. Perform multiple task while maintain a high degree of attention to detail. Use various hand tool and test equipment periodically to analyze, evaluate and correct malfunction with various system, device and/or instrument. Keep small power tool in proper work order. Assist in the fabrication of steel form from shop drawing, assuring accuracy. Assure appropriate personnel inform of potential problem, status and timeline of project. Assure work complete timely and safely. Support other department according to need as directed by appropriate personnel. Keep a well maintained shop.
What your background should be
- Must be mechanically inclined and able to troubleshoot machinery and equipment. Must have working knowledge of hydraulic, electrical and pneumatic systems. Must be able to weld (meg and arch) and fabricate miscellaneous parts for the plant. Previous plant preventative maintenance experience is preferred. Valid NE driving license and be insurable under the company insurance program. Must be able to pass respiratory function test for working in confined areas. AWS certified welder to assist with heavy and critical welding is preferred with general knowledge of SMAW, GMAW & FEAW. Must be proactive in maintenance approach to plant operations. Must have demonstrated working skills and an experience with electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems. Ability to operate hand tools, as well as shear punch, saw, torch and plasma cutter. Welding and cutting torch skills required. Basic knowledge of the operation and maintenance of small diesel motors and standard motor vehicles. Must be able to read shop drawings and fabricate from blueprints. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms.
Required Schooling / Training
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
Who is the client company
- Concern about construction & real estate services.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com