- Vonore, TN
What you'll be doing
- Conducts monthly closing procedures and prepares monthly financial statements in accordance with GAAP. Monitors SOX compliance of financial procedures. Directs the activities of the plant accounting staff. Oversees timely and accurate operation of all accounting functions including accounts payable, boat invoicing and general ledger maintenance. Prepares financial budgets and forecasts financial performance on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis for submission to corporate management. Interprets division goals, creates cascading plant goals for various levels of management, and creates scorecards to monitor execution. Participates in pricing of product and development of standard costing. Prepares & analyzes internal reporting of plant performance and takes action accordingly. Analyzes cost changes and assists in management of contribution margin over the product lifecycle. Researches and analyzes labor and material usage and recommends strategies for continuous improvement. Keeps general manager, staff managers and supervision informed of division's performance via oral presentations and written communication, and provides advice and training on all financial matters in one-on-one and/or group settings. Responds to plant and corporate management for special projects, financial reports and analysis. Monitors and enforces accounting systems and procedures, and revises as needed to ensure maximum internal control and utilization. Trains internal personnel on accounting policies and procedures as needed. Supervises disbursement of company funds to terms and in line with company policy. Assures fixed asset physical control and communicates to corporate headquarters all required information. Keeps abreast of current trends, practices and developments in the profession, and makes recommendations for implementation. Prepares required IRS and governmental reports and responds to inquiries. Maintains plant production projection.
What your background should be
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Access. Knowledge of Oracle financial systems a plus. CPA or CMA preferred. Manufacturing environment experience preferred.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree in accounting or finance.
Who is the client company
- This is an American corporation that specializes in developing, manufacturing and marketing a wide variety of products.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com