- Carmel, IN
What you'll be doing
- Manage material purchases with assigned commodity group. Analyze MRP data for determining optimum purchase quantities. Utilize ERP and custom MRP systems. Place purchase orders with suppliers. Manage suppliers on time delivery performance. Manage on-going relationships with suppliers, including international suppliers. Manage on-going use up and go to changes and minimize component obsolescence. Optimizes inbound transportation to support on time delivery schedule at the lowest cost. Work with AP and suppliers on invoice issue resolution. Support sales and engineering quoting requirements for new business opportunities. Participate in new program launches including APQP and manage supplier support. Identify and set up new supplier relationships. Work closely with customer service support staff. Interact daily with manufacturing, warehouse and quality personnel.
What your background should be
- The applicant should have experience in related field. Good communication skills with the ability to work in a diverse work place. Strong customer communication and organizational skills. Problem solving ability. Self-starter and team player. Willingness to perform duties outside the predefined scope. Proficient using Microsoft Office. Experience with ERP systems, preferably Oracle. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
Required Schooling / Training
- Bachelor degree preferably within the supply chain management field.
Who is the client company
- Brings human services to people and communities in twelve states, doing business in two of them as Transition Resources Corporation.
- If you are interested in this position, send your resume to email@example.com